Follow your Spiritual Guru with Insight

There are too many preachers and spiritual leaders propagating various methods – we might just lose precious time before realizing we have not reached anywhere. A little peace, slightly better health may have been achieved – no where near to your inner self.
We could get totally confused and lose precious time in trying the extensive ways offered to us. Could become a mix (khichdi) of the wrong kind. We in our innocence having spent so much time doing various sadhanas (methods) wait for the right opening. We may just end up feeling very disillusioned.
Without the right understanding, though we spend hours praying; required purifications do not take place. All our innumerable methods of praying, meditations, scripture reading, chanting, satsangs, seva, yogic kriya; are only various methods used for our own purifications – not directly related with God.
We all know; without the right purity of – bhao, heart, mind, body, soul – it is impossible to be anywhere near the divine powers.
We as normal humans have no insight to recognize the right form of guru. 
Whosoever is your spiritual Guru, Are you following him/her blindly? Are you with your natural self? Consider the following quotes of Osho and decide yourself:

   "So always remember, whatsoever I say to you, you can take it in two ways. You can simply take it on my authority, "Because I say so, it must be true" -- then you will suffer, then you will not grow. Whatsoever I say, listen to it, try to understand it, implement it in your life, see how it works, and then come to your own conclusions. They may be the same, they may not be. They can never be exactly the same because you have a different personality, a unique being. Whatsoever I am saying is my own. It is bound to be in deep ways rooted in me. You may come to similar conclusions, but they cannot be exactly the same. So my conclusions should not be made your conclusions. You should try to understand me, you should try to learn, but you should not collect knowledge from me, you should not collect conclusions from me. Then your mind body will grow."

0 comments:

Post a Comment